General Plan of Activities
In order to achieve the goals expressed in its Terms of Reference, the WG is organising concrete activities within its 4-year time plan.
Below we list our proposed activities planned up to 2008 and we mark in green activities that have already started
and are on-going. This activity plan will be updated and augmented continuously. Remarks and proposals, including new activities, are
welcomed and should be sent to the .
In our activities mentioned below we will co-operate with other ISPRS WGs and Technical Commissions, ISPRS National, Regional and Sustaining Members,
as well as WGs of related Societies, and other national and international organisations (e.g. IAG, ION, EuroSDR) involved in research, education and training.
- Regular exchange of information with the WG members through letters.
- Establishment of a WEB page for the working group.
- Disseminating events related announcements via web and via the WG members mailings list.
- Announcement on our WEB page of publications in our fields (books, journals, proceedings, paper collections,
bibliographic collections etc.) , with emphasis on free electronic material.
- Collection and free access at our WEB page of proceedings and tutorial notes of ISPRS events.
- Announcement on our WEB page of free or educational software with sensor orientation thematic.
- Announcement of educational and training possibilities, other than the ones offered by higher education
institutions, but including information on special M.Sc. courses.
- Active participation in the Technical Commission I Symposium, June 2010, Calgary and the 22st ISPRS Congress, July 2012, Melbourne.
- Organization of events (workshops, seminars, tutorials) especially within the frame of other ISPRS events and aiming at covering regional
needs of developing countries. Please refer to the Events page for the currently planned meetings.
- Deepening the collaboration between the work-group members by formulating and submitting joint research proposals.
- Collection of relevant WEB links, incl. related newsgroups and list-servers, hardware and software companies.
- Preparation of annual reports for ISPRS, as well as preparation of reports on WG-cosponsored events and WG news to be published in the ISPRS Highlights.
- Participating in the development of standards for sensor orientation in relevant organizations.